Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pics

When Chloe was about a week old we took some family pics at Penney's. I was happy to find out that I'm not the only one that has a hard time getting good pics of the kids! In every single picture one of the kids has a goofy look on their face. My favorite saying lately has been, "Oh well, it's just a season of life". So, I guess I'll remember that when I'm trying to get good pics of the kids too! =0)

I don't know if any of you remember my blog about Reagan's first day of Kindergarten (the whole underwear issue). A few months ago, I noticed a little bare bottom peeking out from her jeans, and nonchalantly asked her where her underwear was. "Oh, I forgot them", she giggled. Well, let's not forget them any more okay? A few days later I noticed the same scenario, so this time we sat down and had a heart to heart. We finally got down to the root of the problem (or so we thought), and in not so many words she informed us that that they don't stay in the right spot, and she doesn't like wearing them. We splurged and bought her super cute underwear that fit her little bum perfectly at Old Navy (they weren't even on sale...can you tell Daddy was the one shopping with her?), and thought the issue was resolved. Nope. When we got to the portrait studio the photographer asked Reagan to lay down on her tummy with her legs kicked up behind her...I noticed a lovely shade of red creeping up Reagan's neck and she quickly ran over and whispered in my ear, "I don't have any underwear on." Are you kidding me?!? There was no excuse, I had laid out her entire outfit including her perfectly fitting underwear, and she still "forgot" to put them on. There was no use getting mad at her because not only would that have increased the embarrassment, but it in no way would have improved the situation by magically making underwear appear either. So, we just went with the flow and strategically had her legs crossed and folded under her in most of the pictures.

Notice there are NO cute legs kicked up behind the kids... =0)

The Girls
The oldest and the youngest...

Oddly enough the two youngest did the best with pictures! Chloe slept the entire time, and Madelyn was full of big happy smiles. Josiah and Reagan...I'm not sure what their deal was that day. They would smile, but just weird goofy smiles... Oh well.
I have officially taken after my mother. I remember for my wedding, my mom was so busy helping everybody else that she didn't have time to iron her dress, or get ready herself. And that is exactly what happened on this day. I was so busy scrambling to get everybody else ready, I didn't even get a shower! I quick wrapped my hair up in a pony tail and slapped make-up on in the car... not the most flattering of pictures! Oh well!

0 comments: