Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas at home

We had a super special Christmas this year. For the first time in almost 18 years all three of us kids were home together. Words cannot express how good it felt. For once, we are all living in the same state instead of spread out all over the country! As we were leaving for home I told Brad I think that this Christmas is one of the best Christmases I can remember. Forget the presents, the food, all the hustle and bustle...family is where it's at for me.


Here's Oma (german for "Grandma") in her element, making cookies for Santa w/ some of the older grandkids!



I love her new Christmas rolling pin...



Well, I love everything! The measuring cups and bowl are pretty stinkin' cute too!



Uncle Brad sledding with Josiah and Mallory.

The bunch who braved the cold!

Cutie-Pie Cousins!

Have I mentioned Madelyn LOVES Bob the Builder! She was digging through Opa's toy bin and found this hat! She walked around the entire time w/ a big grin on her face!

There were so many people over Christmas w/ our whole family, and my brother-in-laws family in town, that the kids had a designated "kid table" to eat meals at. It worked out great!
Games are always a hit at our house! The kids loved them! They got some pretty cool ones this year: Operation, Hungry hippos, and Uno Moo! It was nice having something to keep them occupied so the adults could carry on a conversation!
New coats from Great Grandma Mallory...Josiah and Reagan both slept in theirs the first night, because they didn't want to take them off!
Reagan's new coat and new scarf

Josiah saying, "WooHoo!" for monster trucks! =0) Love my little boy!

I didn't even realize we captured a picture of Madelyn opening presents. This must have been the only one she opened, because the rest of the time she was off in the other room scooting around a train she was obsessed with! She did get some pretty cool stuff though!

Phew! Glad I got this thing caught up! We're moving this week, and don't know when I'll have time to blog before the new baby comes. Just a few more weeks! Starting to get excited! Brad and I actually sat down and went through some names last night. It actually worked out pretty well, he was already at the computer so I had HIM google baby names. This time he actually read them to me, and I was able to say, "Yes", or "No"... loved it! Nothing is really popping out to either of us. So far we kinda like Chloe, Grace, Emily, Reese, Kennedy, and Macie. Neither of us are sold on any of them. But at least we're starting to talk about it! Hopefully we'll come up with something so we won't be in the hospital discussing names like we have with all the other three! =0)
























0 comments: