Sunday, December 20, 2009

The blessings keep coming...

Praise God! Thought I'd share some super exciting news with you all! God just keeps surprising us with awesome blessings one right after the other! Here's the story...We originally wanted a six month lease with our apartment, but because we signed the papers July 2nd, and not July 1st, they gave us one more whole month. Apparently they don't pro-rate days (even one) AT ALL! The sticky situation was this: I'm due with our 4th baby January 29th, and our lease ended with our apartment Jan. 31st. Since I actually went into labor on my due date with Madelyn, and had her 2 days later, I told Brad, "Well, lucky me, I probably will be having this baby on the 31st, while you're home packing the house with all 3 kids! Fun, Fun!!!"

In the meantime we found a super adorable house! Brad and I both loved it the minute we laid eyes on it. It has an awesome layout, really high ceilings, 4 bedrooms, and what's even more unheard of is that it has an amazing fenced backyard! We've noticed that in Seattle you either have a really nice house with absolutely zero property, or you have an older home with a nice chunk of land. This had both! And it's in a cul-de-sac so there will be no traffic except for the people that live there. Across the street is a reserve that's owned by all the home-owners, so nobody can build on it... it's absolutely perfect! We knew it wouldn't last another month and a half, so Brad went into talk to our apartment manager. At first the lady was absolutely firm on not being able to move out early, even when Brad told her that it was going to be really stressful, because our baby was due at that exact same time. Finally at the end Brad said, "Is there really nothing I can do to get out of our agreement? Can I bribe you? There's got to be something..." The lady laughed and said, "Well, put in your 20 day notice, and I'll see what I can do." We didn't hear anything for 3 or 4 days and figured that we had our answer. Finally on Friday they called us and said we could move out Jan. 2nd!!! Woohoo!

We met with the home-owners and signed paperwork this Saturday, we actually are moving New Years Eve (31st), and will spend the other two days cleaning out the apartment. It will be an insanely busy couple weeks, we have Christmas parties, New Years Eve parties, and all kinds of events every single day until we leave for my parents. Then when we get back, we'll use the next four days to pack and clean! I'm soooo incredibly excited to unpack stuff that has been boxed up for 9 months! I have a feeling it will be a little like having 2 Christmases in a row! ;0) God is good. I'm so glad that He cares about not only our needs, but also our wants. We could have found another house, and moved after the baby, but He knew the desires of our hearts, and worked it out perfectly so not only are we getting the house we both loved, but we're getting into it in ample time to have things semi-organized before the baby comes! Awesome.



0 comments: