Monday, May 12, 2008

Reagan's new haircuts!





Almost a month ago, Reagan decided to try cutting her own hair for the first time. I came upstairs and she said, "Don't I look beautiful now?" At first I didn't notice anything different and thought she was talking about her outfit so I said, "Uh huh, you always look beautiful Reagan." When I looked down and saw her hair, I said, "What did you do?!?" Without batting an eyelash she said, "It was just getting in my way mom. I cut it so I'll look beautiful!" The way she said it with a great big confidant smile and beaming proudly like she knew without a shadow of a doubt that she looked so much more beautiful with her new haircut than she did before, was just too cute. I didn't have the heart too berate her too much. It really wasn't that terrible, I've definitely heard much worse stories about haircutting. My only question is why when kids cut their hair do they go right for the middle? There really is no way to salvage their hair (short of chopping it all off evenly). I'm sure most mom's do go for the even haircut, but I opted for the, "oh well, what's done is done, you can just have uneven bangs" look. (the first picture is of Reagan's own hair cutting skills)

The next major haircut came after a particularly rough day brushing her hair. I mentioned that if she really thought it was so terrible having her hair brushed she could just get it cut. Unfortunately she took me up on the offer! She said she wanted it chopped all the way off so she'd never have to brush it again! Thankfully I talked her into shoulder-length hair. The lady who cut her hair also tried to make the bangs not so noticeable either... Although, I miss her long hair, it's pretty cute short too!

0 comments: