Sunday, April 27, 2008

Josiah's Birthday

a




Josiah turned 3 on April 14th! Where does the time go? He is the typical boy and loves anything that has wheels and makes noise! This was the first year that we actually had a "party" with all his little friends. He had so much fun being in the spotlight. Unfortunately right before he opened his presents, he fell backwards off the table and bumped his head really hard. So the first 10 minutes of opening presents he was in a pretty sullen mood. Towards the end he perked up when we told him he could actually play with his new toys. Here is the one picture we have of him smiling at his birthday party!

And now I have to explain the second picture. There is a family tradition on my side that I've always hated. Ever year my grandma bought us new underwear, now for being a grandma, she always had great taste, but the part I didn't like was that my parents for some reason decided that our new underwear was to be our "birthday hat". So we always had to open our present from Grandma first, and wear our new "birthday hat" the entire time we opened the rest of our presents. Weird, I know, especially when our friends came over... Every family has weird quirky tradition and this is ours. I always knew I would never pass this lovely little tradition down to my children. So strangely enough this year when Josiah opened new underwear from his grandma, without even thinking I said, "Yay! Try on your new birthday hat Josiah!" And he gleefully put it on his head and thought he was so funny! Maybe it was deep rooted revenge for all the years I had to wear underwear on my head... who knows?!?

The last pictures are of Josiah with all his cars, trucks, and trains!

0 comments: