Friday, May 23, 2008

Reagan







Since the house is almost finished being built, I thought I would switch gears on this blog and talk about more important things like our kids! =0) I only have time for one child update today, and since Reagan is the oldest and has been changing so quickly I'll start with her. Here are a few pictures that I've taken the last couple days - one in daddy's shoes, sunglasses and hat, and the other with her pal Caleb at pre-school.

Lately, I've been amazed at all the changes that have been taking place in Reagan. Every once in awhile it seems like kids change overnight. I'll wake up one morning, and they look taller, or they've lost that cute pudgy baby look or they start acting more mature... It's exciting/sad watching them grow up before your eyes. In the past week Reagan seems to be learning and growing so much. She's starting to get the hang of addition and subtraction, finally mastered the monkey bars, and I find her lecturing Josiah all the time about how God wants us to be kind... she's growing up so fast! I can't believe she'll be in Kindergarten in a few short months! God has been so good to us with the sale of our home, and the timing of building our new home too. Our new move will put Reagan in one of the best elementary schools in Coeur d' Alene. I think all of you have heard me mention at one time or another about my mixed feelings of sending Reagan to school. I'm sure they've followed the same thought pattern of any mom about to watch her first "baby" leave the nest and spread her wings. I wavered DAILY (literally) on home-schooling or sending her to a public school. Neither Brad or myself were home-schooled, but it has been so much fun doing pre-school at home, that I was really tempted to keep it up! It's so rewarding! After much deliberation we finally made a decision to register Reagan at Skyway Elementary. Our friend Cindy Marks who we went to college with and also attend church with, is a teacher at Skyway Elementary. It's been so reassuring talking to her! The school has high morals and is pretty conservative. The Vice Principal is a Christian, and there are a lot of Christian teachers too, so that will be nice. Even then, I was still having hesitations all the way up until I registered her a couple days ago. But as soon as I opened the doors and started walking down the hallway a flood of memories from my own elementary school came back... all the excitement on the kids faces, the scurrying of little feet... I knew Reagan would not only love going to Kindergarten, but was ready for it. She already knows our next door neighbor who will be attending there also, so hopefully that will ease her nerves on the first day. We've been having church services lately about getting involved in our community, and building relationships with people around us so when I saw tons of other young mom's milling around, I started getting excited about making new friends too! I took Reagan back later that day so she could see where her school would be and her face literally beamed! She's already talking about riding the school bus...yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be the only one crying on the first day of school! Thankfully it's only 2 1/2 hours a day, and a couple days a week.

0 comments: