Saturday, December 20, 2008

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow...












We had a record-breaking amount of snowfall here in Coeur d' Alene this past week. The previous record for snowfall within a 24 hour period was 16 inches, we smashed it with 25 inches in a 24 hour period!!! Combine that with the snow we already had on the ground, and we have almost 3 feet of snow! Gotta love it! I think I'm an "extreme girl", I love either a LOT of snow, or I love hot toasty 90 degree weather. I really don't care for the in between stuff, a "light dusting of snow", or weather in the 70's where you can't decide if you should put on a long sleeve shirt and be a little warm, or put on a short sleeve shirt and be too cold... I'd rather have one or the other.... Thankfully I'm not the only one that loves all this snow! Madelyn did too! She kept squealing and shrieking watching the snow fall out of the sky. She was having a blast. She even did a face plant in a snow heap, and popped her head out with a big smile on her face! If the wind wasn't so biting cold I would have let her stay out a lot longer, but it was freezing, so I brought her back in the house after about 10 minutes. And as soon as her feet touched the ground she was off and running for the door....

0 comments: