Saturday, December 20, 2008

Everybody loves daddy!





Every morning when daddy leaves for work, kids come running from all directions, "Daddy, Daddy! Give me a hug!!!" And if they don't get 5 hugs, and a million kisses a hundred different times before he leaves the house, inevitably there are tears from somebody, "But I didn't get to say good-bye!!!" Even after I remind them that they said, "good-bye" several times, and got tons of hugs and kisses, it's still a traumatic experience, which usually results in a phone-call to daddy while he's driving to work. In which he responds, "I'll see you in a few hours, when I come home for lunch...." But to them, it's as if daddy will be gone for a month! And this happens every morning. It could be one of those things I think are annoying, or bothersome, and there are definitely those days, but for the majority of these mornings, there's a piece of me that is secretly glad my kids adore their daddy. Secretly glad that daddy is their hero. Secretly glad that he is so loved. Of course, I put on the act of, "Boy, I sure wish they acted like that when I left the house!" But the truth is I wouldn't have it any other way. Out of all of the husbands/fathers I've seen out there, I have to admit, there is none more deserving of all the hugs and kisses he can get! He is an amazing daddy that loves them, and shows them that DAILY by wrestling, reading stories, building forts, giving baths, tucking them in, praying with them, and kissing them goodnight. I'm glad they have a daddy that is so involved in their everyday life. Glad they have a daddy that changes diapers, cleans up throw-up, and sings them songs. Glad they have a daddy that isn't so heavily absorbed in his work that he misses out on his kids growing up. Glad they have a daddy that takes the time to show them everyday that they are important, loved and cherished. So, I hope this little ritual continues. As they go into high school, college and their adult years, I hope they continue to adore their daddy, and keep running to him for help, running to him for hugs, running to him for love.

0 comments: