Saturday, December 20, 2008

Keepin' us on our toes...always!







Madelyn is crazy! Plain and simple. Oh, she's also sugary sweet, super happy, and has an amazing sense of humor... But, she's crazy. Seriously. I don't ever remember having this panicky feeling with any of the other kids when I couldn't see them. With Madelyn I never know, she could be splashing in an un-flushed toilet (a daily occurence at our house - Reagan needs some serious "re-learning" of toilet etiquette), she could be eating food out of the garbage, she could be climbing UP tables, IN bath-tubs or OUT of her highchair. She could be eating latex paint (yes, that happened!), or like the other day pouring milk on her head...Where she comes up with these things I'll never know! I was doing dishes, and heard her squealing...I glanced back at her, and there she was have a grand ol' time pouring milk on her head. I ran towards her shouting "Noooooooooooooooooo Maddy!" (The older kids have this phrase down to a science.) She looks over and beams her big toothy smile and continues to pour milk on her head AGAIN! Giggling as it rolls down her face. She's having a blast! The damage is already done, she already needs a bath and a new set of clothes. So I get the camera and think, one day little rascal, when you have your own kids, and you're complaining about them doing wild and crazy things, I'm not going to say a word, I'm just going to slide this little ol' picture across the table and let you see yourself in action! Maybe the others were like this, I don't remember. Maybe I was more organized or had it more "together" back then. It's possible. Maybe I could have so much going on with everybody else that my scatter-brained little head can't keep tabs on her like I should. Or maybe, just possibly, she's a little crazier than the others. Whatever the case, Madelyn definitely keeps us on our toes!

0 comments: