Monday, August 4, 2008

Fishing






One of the most fun memories for me was watching Reagan making her own memories. A few years back my dad bought Reagan a fishing pole for Christmas, with the promise that he would take her fishing. This camping trip was the perfect opportunity... (I wish I would have video taped it, because it's so hard for a camera to capture all the precious moments: squeals, excitement, and funny things that were said). They found a little spot right off the dock, and within minutes caught a cute little sunfish. And a few minutes later caught another sunfish, and another, and another... 45 minutes later, they had caught ELEVEN sunfish!!! It was the perfect fishing experience for Reagan. She caught fish really fast (which kept her attention) and they were tiny, and actually really pretty fish! (So they weren't something she was scared of). In fact as time went on, she even wanted to help un-hook and release them. I told my dad this is one memory that she will never forget!

0 comments: