Monday, March 24, 2008

New York (July 7-14 2007)


a















I know this is a random place to start, but I think it's going to be a long time before I ever get around to scrapbooking these pictures, and I wanted to write down as much info as I can now, before I forget... Last summer we had a blast joining my parents for a reunion in Lake George, New York. I was eight (almost 9) months pregnant with Madelyn, and was worried about how the kids would do on the plane ride, so we had this brilliant idea to take the red-eye flight so the kids "would sleep the whole way". Noooooo.... they were awake almost the ENTIRE night! They were very good, but very awake! When we arrived, the kids crashed, (the adults wished they could have)! We rented a car and drove an hour north to our time-share. On the drive up we were amazed, nothing could have prepared us for beauty of Upstate New York. The thick green foliage reminded us both of Hawaii. Not at all what we imagined! My parents bought two awesome cottages at the most kid-friendly time-share place imaginable. They had 2 pools, tons of toys, 2 kids play area's, canoes... the kids would have been content just staying there and playing the whole time! Although, Josiah's highlight of the whole trip was getting to ride on Uncle Hank's tractor - he talked about it for months! I think my highlight was breaking a hammock! We tried to get family pictures in our "Adirondack" shirts, and as we all settled in it broke! My mom snapped the picture as we fell to the ground. I think I'll post the picture, just because it's such a funny one. Pregnant women should NOT sit on hammocks! Some other highlights were when we took a trip to Fort Ticonderoga, a couple day trips to the town of Lake George, visiting Papa's family at Rowan Point, and Brad and I also took advantage of having free childcare by hitting some awesome outlet malls and having dinner at a cute little restaurant.





0 comments: