Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A stupid mistake.

I accidentally deleted my blog in January. I was trying to sync two accounts together, and succeeded in wiping one out completely (unfortunately the one that had my blog on it). Long story short, after hours of reading articles, months of working with blogger support trying to figure out where my blog disappeared to, and what exactly happened...it's baaaack! I actually cried when they asked me to try it one more time, and lo and behold there it was. I had just read an article about deleted blogs not being retrievable after 90 days, and had resigned myself to the fact that 3 years of hard work was gone. So when my blog flashed on the screen, and the music started rolling, so did my tears... I didn't realize it before this whole thing happened, but even though my poor blog has been neglected for the most part, I really do love it. There are times I've looked at my blog as though it were a bit of a nuisance, just another mounting pressure of one more thing on my "list of things to do", that I've yet to get done. Another reminder that I am not as "together" as I need to be. Perspective is a funny thing. In a matter of minutes the blog I had once forgotten about, suddenly became the blog that was filled with precious memories I had hoped my kids would one day love... it was the blog filled with silly stories, family vacations, and memories to cherish. There's an old rock song by Cinderella that says, "Don't know what you got til' it's gone." Isn't that true? It's far too common to take things for granted, from the big things in life like people, a place to live, food to eat, down to the silly things like blogs. Well, thank you Jesus, (and blogger support), it's back! Yay! It's not perfect, there are a few glitches. The pictures are all permanently deleted. So bit by bit, I will have to go through the entire blog and re-insert them. That will take...um...some years...er...time. But at least the stories are still there, and for that I'm thankful.

0 comments: